The City of Washougal Public Works Department is responding to the COVID-19 public health emergency and related federal, state and county directives and guidelines in order to ensure the health, safety and well-being of the community and our staff. We are all excited for the great summer weather and look forward to safely enjoying our beautiful park amenities.
Effective Friday, June 5, Steamboat Landing Dock is re-opened.
In order to comply with critical physical distancing protocols, the City has made the following adjustments:
- The WEST entrance (parking lot) to the dock shall be for ENTERING ONLY.
- The EAST entrance (observation deck) to the dock shall be used for EXITING ONLY.
- Park users should only move in a counterclockwise direction.
- ONE WAY signage has been placed at various points on the dock to assist the public.
Park users are expected to follow physical-distancing and safety protocols including:
- Do not use parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms.
- Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to visiting parks or trails.
- Share the trail and warn other trail users of your presence and as you pass.
- Observe CDC’s minimum recommended physical distancing of six-feet from other persons not from your household at all times.
- If you are not able to maintain physical-distancing guidelines while visiting a park, please go home and try to come again at another time.
As a reminder:
- All City of Washougal parks, trails and open areas remain open.
- City of Washougal park restrooms have been re-opened as of June 3, 2020 (news release)
- All play structures remain closed until further notice.
For the latest updates on the City of Washougal’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit cityofwashougal.us/COVID19.
We are grateful to the Washougal community for rising to the occasion during this pandemic and for demonstrating care for the health and safety of the community and our staff as we enjoy our great parks.
For questions, please contact Michelle Wright, Interim Assistant Public Works Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.