Clark County Councilors approved use of CARES funding to provide financial operational support to food establishments impacted by COVID-19 public health measures placed to prevent the spread of illness. Fund disbursement for each eligible food establishment is the same amount paid for the 2020 Retail Food Permit, ranging from $258 - $1,835. The disbursement does not reverse 2020 permit fees, and 2021 permit fees will still apply. CARES funds disbursed to food establishment owners can be used at their discretion toward any operational expenses. The distribution of CARES funds to food establishment owners will be an additional step toward stabilizing our local economy and preserving jobs.
Applications must be submitted by October 31, 2020
Funds will be issued before November 30, 2020. Failure to respond to this grant application by the due date of October 31, 2020, negates the entity from receipt of relief grant funds.
Eligible Food Establishments:
- Level 1, 2, and 3 restaurants
- Level 1, 2, and 3 mobile units
- Level 1, 2, and 3 multiple events
- Bed and breakfasts
- Annual business revenues must be under $1 million dollars.
- The food establishment must hold a valid permit or be enrolled in a COVID Accommodation deferred permit program.
Click here to apply with Clark County Public Health.