The City of Washougal Water Division has contracted with Haag & Shaw Inc. to change out water meters between 4th Street & Washougal River Road, north of E Street to K Street.
The work will be done over the next few months and includes a cost free upgrade to increase remote meter-reading efficiencies.
What to expect:
- Changing the meter may require your water to be turned off for a short period of time (~15 minutes typically).
- If your meter is being fully replaced, the contractor will knock on your door to let you know before work begins.
- If you don't answer the door, the contractor will look at the meter to see if it is on; if it is on the contractor will come back another time.
- If the meter is off, the contractor will change out the meter.
- Upon changing the meter, the contractor will use an external hose bibb to flush any air from the line.
Should you have any questions, please contact Ryan Baker, Water/Wastewater Superintendent, at 360-835-8501 ext. 204 or Pamela Chinn, Accounting Specialist, at 360-835-8501 ext. 504.