Effective immediately, all City of Washougal playgrounds, sports courts/fields, and picnic shelters are closed. This will last until at least April 30. The City will be in continued contact with Clark County Public Health to evaluate our options beyond this timeline.
During this time please continue to exercise and spend time outdoors. Please note parks and trails should always be limited to current social distancing of six feet or more between people from different households.
New park use guidelines:
- Playgrounds, sports courts/fields and picnic shelters are closed.
- Parks, trails, and open space will be allowed as long as residents stay six feet or more distance between people from different households.
- Park restrooms will remain closed.
- The Steamboat Landing is open, but visitors must practice appropriate social distancing.
Practice National Recreation and Park Association recommendations for social distancing:
- Follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance on personal hygiene prior to heading to parks and trails. Wash your hand, carry hand sanitizer, do not visit public space if you have symptoms, and cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Observe at all times CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of six feet from other people. Practice it and know what it looks like. Keep it as you walk, bike or hike.
- Bring a suitable trash bag. Leave no trash, take everything out to protect city works.
For information on the status Clark County parks within Washougal, please visit https://www.clark.wa.gov/covid19.
For information about the City of Washougal’s response to COVID-19, please visit http://cityofwashougal.us.
Public Works Senior Analyst
Public Works Director