According to Governor Inslee’s Stay Home, Stay Healthy Proclamation, in general, commercial and residential construction is not authorized because construction is not considered to be an essential activity.
However, there are a few exceptions:
- Construction related to essential activities
- Construction that furthers a public purpose related to a public entity or governmental function or facility, including but not limited to publicly financed low-income housing; or
- To prevent spoliation and avoid damage or unsafe conditions, and address emergency repairs at both non-essential businesses and residential structures
View the governor’s full proclamation
View the City of Washougal’s Implementation of Governor’s Order - March 26, 2020
If you have questions about whether you or your business is considered essential, please use the contact information below:
- For general Building questions or appointments please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 360.835.8501 x611.
- For general Planning/Engineering questions or appointments please contact: email@example.com or call 360.835.8501 x603.
- For questions regarding Inspections please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 360.835.8501 x605.
- For all other questions that do not fit the categories above, please contact email@example.com or call 360.835.8501 x604
ONLY inspections that are related to essential facilities or for emergency repairs and projects that ensure structural integrity for residential structures in compliance with the Governor’s proclamation and Guidance Memo will take place. Inspections will be restricted to unoccupied structures. Buildings and structures must be completely vacant prior to inspections taking place. Skype, or other similar electronic media inspections may be utilized based on need and type of inspection.