When should I NOT call 911?

Do Not Call 911 if:

  • Your neighbors are setting off fireworks
  • It is 10:30 PM and you need to get up early tomorrow
  • The noise is upsetting your animals


To record a complaint related to 4th of July activities in Clark County, please call (360) 597-7888.

July 3rd and 4th are the busiest times for our 9-1-1 dispatch center and First Responders with call volume tripling. Injuries and fires will take priorities, and other regular calls for service are still happening and need to be addressed such as medical calls and car accidents. Please note there may be delays in response due to extreme call volume.

What can you do?

  1. Talk to your neighbors first
  2. Prepare your household for the reality that people will use fireworks
  3. Remember fireworks are legal in many portions of Clark County.

If you witness or see something on fire, if there is a medical or life-threatening emergency, please call 9-1-1.

Show All Answers

1. I'm not sure if I live within Washougal city limits or the greater county. How can I find out?
2. When can I purchase fireworks in Washougal?
3. Where are the fireworks stands located in Washougal?
4. If I buy fireworks in another area, like the county or another city, can I use them in Washougal?
5. When should I call 911 regarding fireworks?
6. Should I call 311 for complaints?
7. When should I NOT call 911?
8. What can happen if I get caught using illegal fireworks?
9. Can I be held liable for damage and costs incurred in suppressing fires caused by use of fireworks, by myself or my child?