With the Excessive Heat Warning, running through next week and the lower than normal spring rainfall, the following conservation measures are highly suggested to ensure that we are able to deliver safe, clean and reliable potable water to all of our residents and customers.
The following nonessential uses of water are not suggested for all properties connected to the city’s water system whether inside or outside of the city limits:
- Washing sidewalks, walkways, driveways, parking lots, patios, and other exterior paved areas by direct hosing, except as may be necessary to prevent or eliminate materials dangerous to the public health and safety.
- Escape of water through breaks or leaks within the customer’s plumbing or private distribution system for any period of time beyond which such break or leak should reasonably have been discovered and corrected. It shall be presumed that a period of 48 hours after the customer discovers a leak or break or receives notice from the city of such leak or break, whichever occurs first, is a reasonable time in which to correct the same.
- Non-commercial washing of privately owned motor vehicles, trailers, and boats, except from a bucket or hose using a shutoff nozzle for quick rinses.
- Lawn sprinkling and irrigation which allows water to run off or overspray the lawn area. Every customer is always deemed to have knowledge of and control over his or her lawn sprinkling and irrigation.
- Sprinkling and irrigation of lawns, ground cover, or other plants, between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. or on any day not suggested by the established rotation schedule, below:
Your House/Business # Address
Days you Irrigate
Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday
Saturday, Monday, Wednesday
Friday is a non-watering day