OpenGov - Financial Transparency Portal
Through the City of Washougal's Financial Transparency Portal, users can view financial data based on the current budget or up to the previous month. Information is included for fiscal years 2010 forward and year-to-date information. Users can manipulate the data and drill down to finite details or scale up to the big picture. Users can also download the data as an Excel spreadsheet to use at home.
In an effort to provide the community with access to the City's financial data, the City produces and distributes the budget electronically via the City of Washougal's website. Online, you can find copies of the current and past Annual Budgets and Financial Statements.
Tips on Using the City's Financial Transparency Portal
- The OpenGov Financial Transparency Portal allows you to explore budget and historical finances in a simple graphical user interface. The main view includes a chart or graph, a legend and various controls to view expenses by departments out of various funds.
- You'll notice the title of the chart or graph you are viewing on top along with the account type selector. You can use the filter to see the data that is of most interest to you.
- To focus on specific data - like a fund, department, expense type, or any combination - look to the left and use the menu on the side panel. These selectors allow you to specify exactly what breakdown you want the graph or table to represent. When you select "Filtered By" the data filter pops up and allows you to turn on or turn off selected filters for that category - funds, departments, expense type.
- Keep in mind that some departments or expenses only receive funds from specific funds - if the department or expense is not funded from a particular fund, it will be grayed out.
- There are five different types of visual representations of the data - an area graph, an area graph by percentage, a line graph, a pie chart and a table. You can change your view at any time by simply selecting the different type of representation. The data will automatically convert. These functions are on the top right.
- You can also download the data into CSV spreadsheet or PNG image.
- You can share the data, in any view, on a social network or by email.
- The City of Washougal's main fund is the General Fund. The General Fund includes the following departments:
- Animal Control
- Building Department
- City Administration
- Code Enforcement
- Community Development
- Finance Department
- Fire-Rescue Department
- Human Resources Department
- Parks Department
- Police Department
- Some expenditures or revenues do not track year to year. For example, there may be expenditure for a specific item or project in Fiscal Year 2013 that the City no longer uses. These expenditure categories will only be visible for the years they were used. After that, they will be zeroed out.